When maps are combined with supporting graphics, imagery, sound and text, all the essential ingredients are present
for an engaging geo-storytelling experience.
By increasing the interactivity of maps to include the ability to turn on and off layers of visual information,
zoom and pan from global to local view, and animate changes over time, the depth of the story is significantly enhanced.
EARTHscopeTM v3.0 Interface
- Dynamic Maps: Interactive, animated (or static) illustrations of global to local data. Pan and zoom for geographic
context, or use the jump-to shortcut menu. Click highlighted regions for more information.
- Interactive Key: Turn GIS-style layers on and off to display multiple levels of map-based information.
- Text Window: Complete the story of your project -- and the story behind your project -- with flexible copy; from
a few sentences to an entire atlas.
- Media Player: Supporting audio, video, and graphics including: graphs, charts, slideshows, statistics, flashcards,
voice-overs, movie clips, and more.
- Time Controls and Timeline: Set focus to past, current, or projected future events.
- Futures: Include scenarios for possible futuresí animated presentations of trends over time, and critical-path
milestones towards tomorrow.
- Chapters: Let users navigate your geo-story in easily understood sections -- each with their own maps, text,
and rich media content.
- Browser Based: Low-bandwidth Flash presentations can be easily downloaded directly from your website.
- Flexible Distribution: On CD, in kiosks, from your website, or from the EARTHscope Library.
- Remote Updating: Easily upload revised graphics and text into your completed geo-story.
- Easy to Produce: The ES team works with your organization to turn your static content into a dynamic